General Return Policy
Standard Return Policy is applicable only to products purchased by you directly from Advanced Safety Devices
All product returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. You may obtain the Return Authorization number by submitting our Request for Return Authorization form located on our website.
Any return that falls under one or more of the following criteria will be returned to you at your cost:
- Any product not purchased from ASD
- Any product that is returned with missing original packaging and accessories, including torn retail box, manual, cables
- Missing of items originally included with the product such as free gift or promotional combo deals, if any.
- Any product from which the UPC code has been removed from its packaging
- Any product that exhibits physical damage or abuse
- Any product for which you have submitted a mail-in rebate
Mail-In Rebate PolicyAny product offering a mail-in rebate is not returnable to ASD once the rebate has been filed. Be sure that the product is functional and that you intend to keep the product before sending in for your rebate. Products missing UPC codes or serial numbers from the box are NOT returnable. The product manufacturer will only replace a defective item missing the UPC code.
Combo, Bundle and Kit Specials
Items sold as part of a Combo, Bundle or Kit may be returned individually for replacement within the applicable ASD Return Policy Period for that individual item.
If an individual Combo, Bundle or Kit item is returned for a refund, the original discount will be voided, and the discounted amount will be deducted from the refund.
Out-of-Stock (Back-Order) Items
If ASD no longer carries an item that is sent in for replacement, or if that item is simply out of stock, the item will be sent to our Back-Order RMA Department. You will be notified via e-mail of two options: 1) ASD can send you a comparable replacement item, or 2) ASD can issue you a refund at the current market value of the product. A current-market-value refund may not exceed the original invoice price. If the item is returned within 15 days of the original invoice date, a refund will be issued that excludes all shipping costs.
While ASD is more than happy to fill your quantity purchase orders with quantity of ten (10) or more of any given item in our inventory on a single purchase order are not refundable. , please understand that an order of that size, once purchase is completed, is automatically non-refundable. All other specific conditions related to the ordered item still apply, including any and all stipulations relative to any available replacement return policies. Please contact Customer Service with any questions you may have.
Standard Return Policy
- Return for refund within: 15 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- Restocking Fee: Yes
This is our Standard Return Policy. Items covered by this policy must be returned to ASD within 30 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. “Return” constitutes receipt of the product by ASD, and not the mere issuance of an RMA.
Our International customers can return their online purchases by mail after receiving a Return Authorization Number from ASD. Like domestic customers, the international customers will need to pay the shipping costs to return an online purchase. All shipping fees must be prepaid and ASD does not accept C.O.D. returns.
Sorry, but exchanges are not available by mail for international customers. If you wish to exchange an online purchase, you must first return the item purchased for a refund and place a new order for the replacement item.
Return of Consumable / Disposable Products
Breathalyzer Sensors, Mouthpiece and all Disposable Items
Consumable items are items such as disposable mouthpieces, disposable breathalyzers and breathalyzer sensors, etc. that are consumed once they are used. Due to direct and intimate human interaction with these products, they may cause serious health hazards if they are returned to ASD's inventory. In consideration to consumer's health, ASD strictly forbid the return of these items for any reason.
- Sales on these items is final
- Return for credit or refund: Not allowed
- Return for refund within 30 days : Not allowed
- Return for replacement: Not allowed
Not Returnable items covered by this policy includes but not limited to:
- Breathalyzer Disposable Mouthpieces
- Replacement Breathalyzer Sensors
- SafeWay Disposable Alcohol testers
- Breathscan Disposable Alcohol Testers
Return To The Manufacturer
ASD Customer Service is available to assist you with all return requests. However, for certain products, you may be advised to return the product directly to its manufacturer and not to ASD. In such cases, ASD Customer Service will work with you to accomplish the return.”
You should be certain that the item you are purchasing will fit your needs. Ensure that the dimensions, aesthetics and utility of the product is what you need before placing your order. By confirming your order, you indicate your agreement to this policy.
ASD must receive your return within 30 days from the date of your purchase and NOT from the date you requested for the RMA number. After 30 days, please contact the product manufacturer for any warranty work applicable.
Products and accessories except for consumable products can be returned
within 15 days of delivery*, but will be subject to a 25% re-stocking
fee to cover testing, cleaning and repackaging expenses. The restocking
fee pays for twice transaction processing fees and shipping costs
in a case of free shipping promotion. Customer will be responsible
for both the original outbound shipping charges as well as return
shipping charges. All returns must be in saleable condition with
original materials and packaging.
All products carry manufacturer warranty
and must be serviced by the original manufacture. See your device
user's guide for information on the manufacturer and terms to their limited warranty.
ASD will not cross-ship products.
All defective and dead on arrival items will be replaced upon return
to ASD, provided they are not physically damaged and are returned
within the time frame stated above.
All returns must conform to the following guidelines
to ensure accurate processing of credit issuance and/or replacement:
All returns must be authorized by ASD customer support
prior to return.
- All products must be returned in their original condition, including
packaging, documentation, warranty cards, manuals, and accessories, along with a copy of your invoice.
- Refunds will be issued after product is received and inspected at our facility.
- Damaged products (including scratches) will be returned to the customer without refund.
- Thermally sealed packages must not be opened to qualify for refund.
- Products with missing parts or accessories will be returned to customer without refund.
- Due to health hazard, disposable devices such as mouthpieces, disposable alcohol detectors, and pre-calibrated sensor modules are not returnable in any situation.
- A restocking fee will be assessed for all returns for refund
- Shipping to and from the customer paid by the customer.
- Shipping charges will not be refunded.
- We cannot and will not accept items that are shown to have been abused, altered, or broken, whether accidental or intentional.
- When you are returning breathalyzers, do not send mouthpieces back even if they are still in their original packaging.
Please make sure to purchase insurance at least for the value of the product
when you are returning a product to us. ASD will not be liable for returned products lost in transition.
Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA)
To request for a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA) please
All returns for refund are subject to 25% restocking charge.
All shipping charges to and from customer are paid by customer. Shipping charges are not refundable.
Your Return Arrived Damaged In the event that a return becomes damaged on its way back to us, ASD will inform the customer via e-mail that the item was received damaged and hold the product for up to 30 days. It is the customer's responsibility to file a claim with the shipping carrier and instruct ASD concerning what to do with the damaged goods. If ASD has not received notification or response from the customer within 30 days, the item will be donated or destroyed.