The WayFinder V8000 vehicle compass includes digital compass, dual zone car thermometers with Ice Alert, and a time clock. Directions are displayed in cardinal points as well as numerical degrees read out. TheWayFinder V8000 has a built-in temperature sensor for inside your vehicle and comes with an additional plug-in sensor for the outside temperature measurement. The WayFinder V8000 auto compass is easily mounted on any automobile's dash with velcro (included).
- Full digital compass function
- Interior and exterior temperatures display
- Ice Alert
- Crisp backlit blue display
- Displays Fahrenheit or Centigrade
- Runs on AAA batteries (included)
- Unit sits on the dash with velcro
Bright Back Lighted Display
A bright back lighted display is must have feature for night driving. The WayFinder V8000 is equipped with a bright split display that shows its full compass function on the left and with time / temperatures on the right.
Simultaneous Dual Zone Temperature Display
Additional thermometer sensor for exterior temperature is included.
Automatic Compensation For Agonistic Interference
Unlike any magnetic compass the V8000 electronic compass automatically measures and compensates for all magnetic interferences generated by your vehicle's iron mass as well as all electric and magnetic fields that are generated by your car normal electrical operation. Every automobile has its own unique magnetic signature /magnetic interference and unless it is measured and compensated for, it can cause a substantial error in readings.
Magnetic Distortion Flag
Alerts you when magnetic interferences affecting compass accuracy
3-Mode Compass Display
Direction of travel displayed in a large compass rose with directional arrow, 8 cardinal points as well as numerical readout with +/-5 degrees accuracy.
Designed to withstand extreme temperature range; no need to remove sensor during extreme winter / summer weather
Warns of hazardous road conditions when temperature drops to 35°F
||4" x 3.5" x 2.25"
||2" W x 1.125" H
||10 oz including battery
||1.125" W x 1.125" H
- WayFinder V8000 Digital Compass
- Wired temperature sensor for outside vehicle
Installation for outside temperature sensor
There are many ways you may expose external temperature sensor to the outside air depending on the position where you want to install the main unit. Perhaps the most popular way is to:
- Attach the unit with the velcro tapes to the dash. (included)
- Run the sensor wire along the gap between the dash and the windshield. You may insert the wire in that gap with a credit card edge.
- Now pass the sensor under a front door sealer and attach it somewhere in the door cavity but hidden away from car washers.