any other analytical instrument, breathalyzers need routine calibration
to ensure their accuracy. Calibration compensates for aging of
sensor and other critical components. We strongly recommend that
you calibrate your breathalyzer once every year or sooner.
Our calibration procedures?
- Perform functional test
- Test and calibrate the unit for its entire reading range
- Use automated DOT approved "Wet Bath Simulators"
- Replace mouthpieces
- Replace exterior plastic parts if broken
- Complete the task in 5 working days
How do I send my unit in for calibration?
- Purchase a calibration ticket for your specific device in this page
- our will receive the calibration ticket number via E-mail
- Send the unit in its original packaging, if possible
- Please DO NOT SEND mouthpieces nor batteries
- Write calibration ticket number on the shipping label
- Describe any or all problems in details
- Maker sure to mail the unit insured or at least with a delivery
What if I have a newer breathalyzer with field replaceable sensor?
If you have an AlcoMate Prestige, or the AL7000, their field replaceable and pre calibrated sensor modules are available for $29.95
that you can replace it yourself - Buy
If your device fails during or after calibration, it may need repair or sensor replacement at which you will be notified immediately.
We will not attempt to repair without your repair authorization. If you choose not to approve the repair cost, the device will be mailed back to you with the initial calibration fee not refundable. 50% of this fee can only be credited toward the purchase of a new unit of equal or greater price.
Periodic calibration ensures accuracy
ASD recommends periodic re calibration to verify proper performance of its instruments. While annual service is suggested, the time interval is dependent upon use and the environmental conditions. Consult ASD representatives for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org.