With the RP-3172, quickly determine weather conditions with this automobile inside and outside digital thermometer. Built exclusively for people on the go in the harshest climates, the RP-3172 quickly and accurately displays temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit. The built in Ice Alert will notify you when temperatures fall below freezing. The extra long 10' wired temperature probe can be mounted to the vehicle to provide an accurate reading without exposing it to the elements.
The RP-3172 is the closest substitute for WayFinder V7000, WayFinder V2020, WayFinder V2000, and WayFinder V8000 thermometers for indoor/outdoor use.
- Warns Driver of "Black-Ice" Conditions by Alarm, Flashing Red & Green LEDs
- Inside and Outside C°/F° Temperature Reading
- Uses One "AAA" Battery (included)
- Additional thermometer sensor for exterior temperature is included.
- Hour and Minute Clock Display
- Outside Sensor with 10' Cable
- Temperature Display
Additional thermometer sensor for exterior temperature is included.
Designed to withstand extreme temperatures; no need to remove sensor in extreme climates.
Warns of hazardous road conditions when temperature drops to 35°F
||6.1 x 2.2 x 1.1 inches
||4 oz including battery
- Wired temperature sensor for the outside of the vehicle
- RP3172 Car Thermometer for Inside/Outside
Installation for outside temperature sensor
There are lots of ways you can expose external temperature sensor to the outside air depending on what position you want to install the main unit. Perhaps one of the most popular ways is to:
- Use velcro tapes to attach the unit the dash.
- Along the gap between the windshield and the dashboard, run the sensor wire. You can use a credit card to help insert the wire into that gap.
- Now pass the sensor under a front door sealer and attach it somewhere in the door cavity but hidden away from car washers.