Door Viewer / Door Scope model DS175-ELP is an amazingly high tech optical device that has practically replaced conventional peep holes. A sleek ectroplated finish provides a chrome polish in either chrome or brass to the DS175. Easily mounts to any door, the DS175-ELP allows for a clear view of the outside even if you stand 6 feet away from the door. With an ultra wide viewing angle, Door Scope DS175 leaves no area for solicitors or unwanted intruders to conceal themselves.
Door Scope requires absolutely no electrical connection and is a simple do-it-yourself job to install. The viewing image is free of distortion even at the outmost edges. Say good-bye to your old peephole and stop stressing your eyes.
- Maintenance free
- No electrical connections
- 100% glass optical lenses
- No need to put your eye to the door
- Durable ABS plastic body
- Easy to install; do it yourself
- Electroplated chrome finish.
- Watch for unexpected visitors and intruders
- Clear viewing from up to 6 feet away
Where is Used
- Residential entry door
- Multi tenant dwelling
- Elderly housing
- Loss prevention in chain stores
- Security in banks and ATM Machines
- Inmate observation in correctional facilities
- Animal observation by staff in the zoo
- Door Viewer DS175-ELP Unit
- Door Template for cutout
Door Scope Installation Guide
- 1 3/4" Hole Saw
- 1/8" Drill Bit.
- Power Drill
Before installing, hold door viewer with your hand and test the image is satisfactory. We suggest testing day and night and adjust for height.
- Affix the enclosed drill template/sticker on a desired place where the door viewer is to be installed.
Be sure that the label is stuck on the outside of the door and is kept horizontal in reference to the level line given on the sticker.
- Drill the large hole all the way through the door. To achieve smooth edges at both side of the cutout, it is best to first drill from outside until the drill tip shows up on the inside. Now you should drill the remainder from inside out
Caution: The two or 4 small index holes are drilled from the outside
and not deeper than 1/4 inch. Do not drill all the way through.
- Remove the template/sticker from the door.
- Unscrew the outside piece and insert it into the hole from the outside.
- With the outside piece held in place and its index pins dropped into
the index holes, screw in the main body from the inside.
- After the outside piece and the body are tightened, fasten the ring nut on the inside to firmly secure the viewer to the door.