Door Viewer / Door Scope model DS175 is an amazing high tech optical device that replaces conventional peep holes. Mounted on any door, they allow for a clear view of the outside even if you stand 6 feet away from the door. This unit features an ultra wide angle for viewing. The Door Scope DS175 does not leave any dead zones for intruders to hide.
Door Scope does not require a battery or electrical connection and is an easy do-it-yourself installation. The viewing image completely lacks distortion even at the image's edges. Say good-bye to your conventional peephole and your stressed eyes will thank you.
- 100% glass optical lenses
- Where is Used
- Easy to install; do it yourself
- Durable ABS Plastic Body
- No electrical connections
- Clear viewing from up to 6 feet away
- Watch for unexpected visitors and intruders
- No need to put your eye to the door
- Maintenance free
Where is Used
- Inmate observation in correctional facilities
- Loss prevention in chain stores
- Security in banks and ATM Machines
- Animal observation by staff in the zoo
- Residential entry door
- Elderly housing
- Multi tenant dwelling
WARNING: BE AWARE THAT A POORLY IMITATED DOOR VIEWER WITH PART# "DS1000-DS175-AG,CH,WT,SL" IS NOT THE ACTUAL DS175 NOR THE DS1000. CREATING SUCH A PART NUMBER AS "DS1000-DS175-AG,CH,WT,SL" IS SOLELY INTENDED TO MISLEAD CUSTOMERS INTO THINKING THAT THEY WILL BE GETTING THE DS175 OR THE DS-1000.
- Door Viewer DS175 Unit
- Door Template for cutout
Door Scope Installation Guide
- 1 3/4" Hole Saw
- 1/8" Drill Bit.
- Power Drill
Before installing, hold door viewer with your hand and test the image is satisfactory. We suggest testing day and night and adjust for height.
- Affix the enclosed drill template/sticker on a desired place where the door viewer is to be installed.
Be sure that the label is stuck on the outside of the door and is kept horizontal in reference to the level line given on the sticker.
- Drill the large hole all the way through the door. To achieve smooth edges at both side of the cutout, it is best to first drill from outside until the drill tip shows up on the inside. Now you should drill the remainder from inside out
Caution: The two or 4 small index holes are drilled from the outside. They need not be deeper than 1/4". Do not drill all the way through.
- Remove the template/sticker from the door.
- Unscrew the outside piece and insert it into the hole from the outside.
- With the outside piece held in place and its index pins dropped into index holes, screw in the main body from the inside until both pieces are tightly screwed into each other
- After the outside piece and the body are hand tightened, fasten the ring nut on the inside to firmly secure the viewer against the door.