Door Viewer / Door Scope model DS238 is an extraordinary high tech optical device that virtually replaces the conventional peep hole. When mounting this unit on any door, you will have a clear view of the outside even if standing six feet away from your door. Featuring an ultra-wide viewing angle, the Door Scope DS238 leaves absolutely zero dead zone for unwanted guests or intruders to conceal themselves.
Door Scope requires no connection to a power source or battery and is a simple installation you can do yourself. The viewing image clearly lets you see your visitors with no visual distortion even at the edges. Say goodbye to your old peephole and stop putting yourself in harm of potential intruders.
- Clear viewing from up to 6 feet away
- No need to put your eye to the door
- Easy to install; do it yourself
- Watch for unexpected visitors and intruders
- No electrical connections
- Adjusts to fit a maximum door thickness of 2" or 50mm
- 100% glass optical lenses unlike the DS2000
- Aluminum Metal Construction Body
- Maintenance free
- Available in Black, Brass, and Silver Anodized Finishes
Where is the DS238 used?
- Elderly housing
- Security in banks and ATM Machines
- Residential entry door
- Inmate observation in correctional facilities
- Multi tenant dwelling
- Loss prevention in chain stores
- Animal observation by staff in the zoo
- Back doors
WARNING: BE AWARE THAT A POORLY IMITATED DOOR VIEWER WITH PART# "DS2000-DS238-AB" IS NOT THE ACTUAL DS238 NOR THE DS2000. CREATING SUCH A PART NUMBER AS "DS2000-DS238-AB" IS SOLELY INTENDED TO MISLEAD CUSTOMERS INTO THINKING THAT THEY WILL BE GETTING THE DS238 OR THE DS-2000.
- Door Viewer DS238 Unit
- Door Template for cutout
Door Scope Installation Guide
- 2 3/8" Hole Saw
- 1/8" Drill Bit.
- Power Drill
Before installing, hold door viewer with your hand and test the image is satisfactory. We suggest testing day and night and adjust for height.
- Affix the enclosed drill template/sticker
on a desired place where the door viewer is to be installed.
sure that the label is stuck on the outside of the door and is kept
horizontal in reference to the level line given on the sticker.
- Drill the large hole all the way through the door. To achieve smooth edges at both side of the cutout, it is best to first drill from outside until the drill tip shows up on the inside. Now you should drill the remainder from inside out
Caution: The two or 4 small index holes are drilled from the outside
and not deeper than 1/4 inch. Do not drill all the way through.
- Remove the template/sticker from the door.
- Unscrew the outside
piece and insert it into the hole
from the outside.
- With the outside piece held in place and its index pins dropped into
the index holes, screw in the main body from the inside.
- After the outside piece and the body are
tightened, fasten the ring nut on the inside to firmly secure the viewer
to the door.