The Comfo-Cap mining hard hat is widely used in the mining industry for head protection. The cap has a low-crown clearance for work in low-ceiling areas and is equipped with a lamp bracket and cordholder to support a miner's lamp and cord. Made of light weight, tough polycarbonate plastic, the shell helps resist top impacts. Molded cross ridges on the crown provide increased strength and rigidity. The cap's peak helps protect the wearer's eyes and face from small falling objects.
Comfo-Cap meets or exceeds all applicable requirements for a Type I (top impact) helmet as outlined in ANSI Z89.1-2003, Class G (electrical, low voltage). NOTE: The suspension for this cap may be upgraded to the ratchet style Fas-Trac suspension. See the related Skull guard replacement ratchet.
This hat does NOT provide lateral impact protection.
- Low-crown clearance for work in low-ceiling areas
- The crown has cross ridges to give strength and rigidity
- Equipped with a lamp bracket and cordholder
- Meets or exceeds requirements for a Type I and ANSI Z89.1-2003, Class G
- Widely Used in the mining industry
- Light weight, tough polycarbonate plastic